Several memebers of the ELP team gave a lively presentation to the BioIT Coalititon about the value of having virtual libraries and how they can create effective access to information.
The Value of Virtual Libraries: Creating Effective Access to Information. Presented by Susan Payne, Barbara Pralle, and Judy Smith (November 18, 2008). Location: JHU Montgomery County Campus.
While this presentation is not online, it illustrates the variety of presentations that ELP undertakes. Examples of topics covered are listed below:
- Several case studies that illustrate what can happen when libraries or information are not valued, accessible or considered
- Examples of Virtual Libraries
- Observations related to inadvertent copyright violation
- Cost of lost time: a series of recent studies
- If you’ve decided a library is important, how do you build the infrastructure for a virtual library, who needs to be involved?
- The value of a virtual library and library services
If you would like a similar presentation for your group, please contact us.